Star Group provided the electrical and High Voltage services of the project, which involved the upgrade of underground electrical works including High Voltage Capacity for the whole plant with 2 new feeders and switchboards, new High Voltage feeds for underground vent fans and upgrade/replacement of L9 (u/g) HV feeds & switch boards.
Star Group’s services provided on the project included:
- HV junction boxes and switchgear
- Direct buried parallel runs of 4 x 3C X 400mm2 11/22kV XLPE SWA cables
- 18mm ply walkway
- Cables on cable ladder
- Cable protection from UV damage
- 1C x 630mm2 22/11kV XLPE SWA cables
- HV Circuit breaker and bus-tie panels
- Earth bonding
- Termination of 11kV cables
- 16C+E 1.5mm2 control cable installed in heavy duty PVC conduit
- Telecommunications, control and communications cables
- Segregation of HV and LV cables; and
- Cable testing.