Star Group provided the electrical and high voltage services of the project, which included services for the 1,800 tonne per-hour Bypass Stream, a 500 tonne per hour Wash Plant Stream, a 300,000 tonne stockpile and a 4,750 tonne per-hour reclaim tunnel and trainload out facility.
Star Group’s services provided on the project included:
- Fencing, cable ladders and barriers, cable pits
- Earthing systems
- Lightning protection
- Underground conduits and cable ducts
- Trenching and excavation
- Underground HV cable
- Low Voltage and Extra Low Voltage electrical works
- Small light and power cabling
- Substation earthing and fencing
- Substation earth grid testing
- Electrical and instrument materials and equipment
- Stainless-steel equipment and cable labels; and
- Fire rating.