Electrical BIM Coordinator
||24 May 2019
||Sydney - South West & M5 Corridor
The position of Electrical BIM Co-ordinator is critical within Star Group's Electrical and Construction Division reporting into the Design Manager and based at Condell Park site.
The position is critical in designing and coordinating electrical services for projects that require involvement at all stages of the project.The position would do all designs through BIM Software (REVIT). This position will work across a wide range of projects with differing complexity which requires experienced modelling and building services knowledge and strong attention to detail.
Key Responsibilities of the position:
- Working closely with the design and construction teams, provide technical assistance with our existing projects. This will include coordination from concept through to detailed design and ultimately commissioning and handover across a wide range of projects with differing complexity
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to help deliver a successful project with your team members, engineers and sub-contractors
- Coordinate and manage the revit design throughout all stages of the life cycle for our projects
- Liaise with projects and associated stakeholders (site coordination meetings) when required to develop and review designs and proposals
Required qualifications and experience:
- Extensive experience and knowledge of electrical and construction industry. Trade background of industry acumen is desirable
- Extensive BIM and revit experience in construction industry (essential)
- A recognised Degree or Higher Education in Electrical Engineering or relevant qualifications is desirable but not required
- Familiarity with Incite and Aconex is desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in consulting with clients and subcontractors to achieve desired outcomes with designs
- Experience with problem solving
- Must have at least 3-5 years' experience in using Revit and its associated family of products. This would include electrical design, coordination and modelling experience on commercial projects (up to and including LOD 500)
- Proficient in industry standard programs including AutoCAD, Revit and Navisworks
- Experience to work autonomously and take responsibilities for quality of deliverables and meeting deadlines
- Ability to deliver under tight deadlines and achieve high levels of quality with attention to detail
- Valid Driving licence to attend client sites
Star Group is committed to ensuring that their employees have an opportunity to further develop themselves and their careers.
If you believe you are suited to this position and meet the above criteria, please proceed to apply by providing a resume.